Landing the job you want in 2022 isn’t easy. The economy and workforce are still grappling with COVID-19 as we move into the new year, and there’s plenty of competition for good positions.
However, the best way to get a job hasn’t changed. Writing a professional resume that advertises your relevant skills, experience, and achievements is the key to attracting the attention of employers and earning an interview.
But writing a good resume is easier said than done, especially if you lack formal work experience. To help you succeed on your job hunt, we explain exactly how to write a good resume in 10 basic steps, and provide detailed examples along the way:
• Resumes that capture attention in the first 3 seconds
• There's a right way and a very wrong way
• The five most important components and how to write them
• Why most resumes are getting tossed
• Tailoring your resume to the job
• If you are trying to reach the next level
• Resume tips for older workers
• Why the summary is the most important part of the resume
• Sample resumes
• How to make the experience section stand out
• How software reads your resume and why keywords are important
• What's out-of-date and what's hot, hot, hot
This highly informative, important workshop is a must-do. You always need an updated resume, even when you are not actively seeking a position - you just never know when that dream job will come along.